25 Healthy Habits
25 Formulas for Optimum Health
- Try to wake up before sunrise (approximately before 6 am).
- Brush teeth and clean tongue with stainless steel tongue scraper regularly.
- Drink 1 teaspoon fresh lime/lemon juice + 2 teaspoons raw (uncooked) honey + 1 cup lukewarm water (you can prepare a large amount of honey and lemon juice mix and keep in refrigerator).
- Make a daily habit of sitting on the toilet with full attention.
- Instill 3-4 drops of nasal drops in each nostril in the morning.
- Gargle 1 teaspoon sesame oil with ¼ cup warm water regularly to strengthen gums and teeth.
- Self-massage with oil regularly if possible (or 2-3 times weekly).
- Take a warm shower/bath regularly once or twice regularly.
- Stretching exercises, yoga for about 10-15 minutes daily.
- Breathing exercises like Pranayama (breathing exercises) 2-3 minutes daily.
- Practice meditation for 15-20 minutes regularly.
- Have a light breakfast.
- Lunch bigger meal in the middle of the day around 12:00 – 1:00 pm.
- Eat mindfully without any distractions – talking, reading, walking, watching television, fast eating, slow eating.
- Avoid eating leftover, frozen, highly processed, high salty foods.
- Sipping hot water throughout the day aids digestion and metabolism, keep you active, alert, curb cravings.
- Avoid eating in between meals, particularly munching, nibbling, etc.
- Make a habit of going to the toilet in the evening the second time.
- Evening meditation or prayer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Dinner light meal between 7:00 – 7:30 pm.
- Have light recreational activities.
- Have a head towards the East or South direction for natural sound sleep.
- Try to sleep left side of your body.
- Try to go to bed before 10:00 pm (approximately).
* These recommendations are not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention or cure of any disease.
The copyright of this article belongs to Dr. Shekhar Annambhotla