Often it’s very embarrassing to discuss any unusual lumps around your anus. Don’t worry we have got your back. These unusual growths might be Arshas-Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids or piles are swollen veins in and around the anus.
Excess use of heavy, dry, sweet, cold, incompatible foods, foods that may cause acidity. Excess use of dairy products, sugarcane products, sesame and jaggery, black gram, new grains, meat, alcohol, fault in the administration of Basti, the wrong performance of yoga poses, chair pose, excess travelling, straining, constipation, obesity, pregnancy, labour.
Swelling, itching, constipation, bloating, painless bleeding, pain while passing feces, feeling of fullness even after passing feces.
Ayurveda offers a wide range of treatments for piles based on their position, duration, etc, special treatment procedures include agni karma, kshara karma, shastra karma, and some general treatments such as medicines, ointments, fumigation, etc.
A few of such medicines are pathyadi kwatha, vyoshadi churna, manibhadra gudika, kutajavaleha, abhayarishta, drakshasava, arsha kuthara rasa, takrarishta.
Tips for Relief:
– Oil massage
– Tub bath in the decoction of castor, wood apple, and Malabar nut leaves.
– Ointment with long pepper powder and wood apple powder mixed with ghee reduces pain, swelling and itching.
– Wash with a decoction of castor leaves or lukewarm water.
– For pain powder of velvetleaf and wood apple is helpful.
– For bleeding piles moong dal soup processed with milk, meat soup with onion will be beneficial.
– Drink pomegranate juice with long pepper, ginger, coriander, cumin before food.
– Drink plain buttermilk or buttermilk processed with panchakola churna after food.
NOTE: Diagnosis and treatments are to be considered only after a physician’s consultation.