- 8-2-686/8/1, 2nd Floor Road No. 12, Banjara Hills Land, Kalinga Cultural Centre, Hyderabad-500034
- +91 91549 76896
Chief Physician & CEO at Sudarshanam Dr.Gokulan
Dr.Gokulan carries over 30 years of clinical expertise in Ayurveda.
Dr.B.G.Gokulan was born to Shri.K.Gopinathan Nair, a Naval officer and Smt.Bhargavi Amma, a traditional healer of eyes.
Dr Gokulan completed 7 1/2 years of unique BAMS course at Coimbatore Ayurveda College managed by The Ayurvedic Trust(A.V.Ramavarier Educational Foundation of Ayurveda, Madras University), in the ancient Gurukula standards under Padmashree P.R.KrishnaKumarji.
After graduation in Ayurveda from prestigious Coimbatore Ayurveda College , Dr Gokulan had in house training under Gurus like Late Ashta Vaidyan Vaidya Madhom Valiya Narayanan Namboodiri, Late VaidyaBhooshanam Raghavan Thirumulpad and Late Netracharya N.V.Kuttikrishnan Nair in a Guru-Shishya parampara by staying at their residences.
Dr Gokulan was invited by Padmabhooshan Dr.S.S.Badrinath of Sankara Nethralaya Chennai for an informal fellowship on Modern Ophthalmology diagnostics and research.
In 1988 Dr Gokulan joined an all India network called LSPSS (Lok Swasthya Parampara Samvardhan Samithi) for the promotion of indigenous medical culture, as a research fellow and selected the field of Ophthalmology with a strong influence from his mother.
Honours & Awards
- Dr.Gokulan has conducted many eye camps in the rural areas including multi specialty camps. In 1999 he conducted an innovative project in association with Thiruvalla Junior Chamber and CRY titled \’Project CRY Suraksha\’ launched in the schools for students\’ comprehensive health care.
- Dr.Gokulan has appeared in many National & International Television channels including Discovery channel. A documentary on Honey Bees titled \’Mutant Bees\’ by French Television features Honey therapy of Dr.Gokulan. He has also participated in making of the first feature film on Ayurveda \’Ayurveda ,the art of being\’ released globally in 2002. The same was previewed in many International Film Festivals.
- In 1999 he received a prestigious fellowship – for the promotion of deprived children in the world – called CRY (Child Relief & You, based at Chennai,Tamilnadu).
- IASTAM – 03-02-2018 \’Vaidya Raj Haribhao Paranjape\’ Award conferred on Dr. B G Gokulan.
- 1st Janmabhumi life time award from its Managing Director Shri.M.Radhakrishnan 28 May 2017.
- 18th \’Sree Chithra Thirunal Memorial Ayurveda KarmaShreshta Award – 2015\’ received from the H\’ble Minister of Health Kerala Adv.V.S. Shiva Kumar.
- Talent media award 2015(Talanth Puraskaram) was conferred to Dr. B G Gokulan and honoured by H\’ble minister for revenue Shri. Adoor Prakash in a function held at Thiruvalla organised by Power Vision Sakhshyam Serial & Talent Media.
During his training under Netracharya N.V.Kuttykrishnan Nair of Niranam, Thiruvalla, in 1990, he founded a trust by inviting other philanthropists and enthusiasts from different parts of the country for the promotion of Ayurvedic Ophthalmology named \’Netra Foundation\’. In 1993 he founded Sudarshanam Netra Chikitsalayam – for treatment and clinical research in this field of specialty at Thiruvalla, Kerala, India. This was perhaps the pioneering & revitalizing effort to uplift the lost glory of Ayurvedic Ophthalmic medicine in the post independent era, thanks to the great vision of LSPSS(Lok Swasthya Parampara Samvardhan Samithi, a national network for revitalization of local health traditions in India) for their scholarship program on Gurukula learning system.
Dr.Gokulan has attended number of national and international conferences on Ayurveda and traditional medicine by presenting papers on Ayurvedic Ophthalmic medicine. In 1997 the first of it\’s kind eye camp in Ayurveda was conducted at Jaipur in Rajasthan for a period of 4 weeks where Dr.Gokulan treated more than 1200 patients and was rewarded for the same in a function graced by the presence of H.E Shri. Bali Ram Bhagat, the then governor of Rajasthan.Many regular camps are being organized at Mumbai, Bengaluru etc.