Area of Expertise
- Geriatric problems – Various kinds of arthritis, Neuromusculoskeletal cases
- Parkinsonism, Motor Neuron Disease,
- Demyelinating diseases – Transverse Myelitis, MS, Neuropathies
- Vascular Conditions – Phlebitis, Arteritis Vasculitis, Varicose veins
- Liver cirrhosis
- Rare conditions like Subacute Sclerosing, Pan encephalitis (SSPE), Interstitial lung disease (ILD), Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) , Myotonia dystrophica, Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)
Dr. Prashanth is a senior physician and practicing Ayurveda since more than 23 years and serving as senior clinical registrar in jarachikitsa (geriatrics) unit of I-AIM since 7 years.
He has completed his master degree in Basic principles of Ayurveda (Samhita siddhanta) from one of the prestigious colleges of Ayurveda in Trivandrum. Dr Prashanth judiciously integrates and interprets traditional Ayurveda concepts along with modern scientific knowledge. He believes in psychotherapy (Satvavajaya chikitsa) along with Ayurveda therapies. Through this approach, he has cured various conditions of neurological and musculoskeletal cases.
Dr. Prashanth has improved the quality of life of patients to a greater extent in cases of paralysis/ stroke, Parkinsonism, liver cirrhosis, Rheumatoid arthritis, and other varieties of vata vyadhi (diseases of vata~ neurological, musculoskeletal conditions) especially in the geriatric population.
Dr Prashanth has successfully treated various challenging cases like Baker’s Muscular dystrophy, Atonic bladder syndrome, Tuberculoma of the brain, TAO with gangrene. He has treated various convulsive disorders, Stroke conditions (both ischemia and hemorrhagic that includes few thalamic bleeding cases) with a positive outcomes.
He has successfully treated several cases of autoimmune conditions (Psoriasis, GB syndrome, IBS, and IBD)
He is a specialist in geriatric care and in Rasayana (rejuvenation) Chikitsa [Treatment], which aims at Promoting health, improves strength and immunity.
- Prof and HOD, Dept. of Siddhanta and Samhita
- Deputy Medical Superintendent
- Medical Superintendent
- Clinical Registrar
Experience: 23+ Years
Qualification: MD, BAMS