Narayana Thailam is an ayurvedic polyherbal medicated oil made with Sesame Oil or Tila Taila as the main ingredient. It is one of the best massage oils, as it is enriched with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is excellent in pacifying Vata Dosha and symptoms of Vata disorders, especially in degenerative Osteoarthritis. It is a marvelous tonic for all nervous disorders. It has soothing effects on aches & pains of muscles, joints, and tendons. It contains ingredients like Ashwagandha, Chandana, Shatavari, Gokshur that give nourishment to joints & improves their flexibility. Hence it very beneficial for geriatric use in maintaining healthy joints.
Sesame Oil or Tila Taila is traditionally very popular for its health benefits, specifically on joints. It is strengthening & nourishing when used for massaging the body. It helps to reduce joint pains, keeping the skin look young, and avoids dryness of hair and scalp. Cooking with Sesame Oil helps lower cholesterol levels and also helps reduce blood pressure. It can also be used for oil pulling (mouthwash).
Methods of Use
- Body massage – Applying warm Narayana Oil and massaging the body and focusing on the joints. The direction of massage should be from your extremities towards your heart and circular motions on the joints. Take a warm shower after 30 minutes.
- Nasya – Warm the oil slightly and put 1 to 2 drops in your nostrils in head low position. Massage your sinuses a bit. Spit out postnasal drip of oil and gargle with warm water. The best time to do it is early in the morning.
- Oral – 5-10 drops of oil before food or early morning empty stomach with warm water to balancing Vata Dosha.
- Foot massage – Feet can be massaged before bedtime to reduce stress and to have a sound sleep.
Benefits of Narayana Tailam
Narayana Tailam is one of the most widely used oils in Ayurvedic panchakarma treatments internally & externally, some of its benefits are:
- It is good in all types of Vata disorders like Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Frozen Shoulder.
- It helps in reducing inflammation and swelling caused due to knee pain, back pain, muscle stiffness, muscle spasms, fractures & ligament tears.
- It nourishes the joints, improves flexibility, improves joint mobility, and improves strength.
- Regularly massaging with this oil improves blood circulation, channelizes Dosha, and mobilizes toxins.
- Using this oil for head massage helps in decreasing dryness of hair, reduces headaches and stress.
- When used as Nasya it helps in strengthening the sense organs, improves hearing and vision.
- It is also helpful in toothache and lockjaw.
- Massaging with Narayana Tailam after tough workout acts as a muscle relaxant and helps reducing muscle soreness.
- Orally it is beneficial for treating infertility in females and oligospermia in males.
- Massaging females post-delivery with this oil brings her strength, reducing fatigue and improves joint pain.
- It is beneficial to use it as a baby massage oil for the healthy growth of joints and muscle toning of the baby.
The copyright of this article is owned by Ayurmegha Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.