Seasons and Food
Is there any relation between food and season?
Yes, there is. With the changing seasons type of foods, you eat should be changed. Here are a few tips with which we can avoid certain seasonal discomforts and diseases.
- WINTER –
– Food should be heavy, excess in quantity, unctuous, sweet, sour, and salty.
– Dairy products, sugarcane products, new grains should be used.
– Avoid pungent, bitter, astringent, light, and cold foods.
- SPRING –
– Food should be bitter, pungent, astringent, a year old barley, wheat, honey, mango juice.
– Avoid heavy, sour, sweet, and unctuous food.
- SUMMER –
– Prefer sweet, cold, unctuous, and liquid foods.
– Curd with sugar and pepper powder,
– Corn flour with sugar and cold water
– Ghee, and milk are advisable.
– Avoid hot, sour, pungent, and salty foods
- MONSOON –
– Sweet, sour, and salty foods are healthy, honey, old grains, pulses soup, thin buttermilk should be taken in this season.
– Foods that are sweet, bitter, and astringent in taste should be taken, easily digestible foods like rice, green gram, Indian gooseberry, honey can be preferred.
We should gradually reduce the regimen of a season during the last 7 days and gradually adopt the regimen of a season during the first 7 days. With these simple tips, we can keep a check on various seasonal discomforts and stay healthy.