Seven Steps For Optimum Health
Making proper diet and lifestyle changes can bring about a healthier and fitter body and a balanced mind. One can get the best out of themselves by adapting the ideas in the following 7 ways.
Heal Your Body As A Whole
- Do not isolate your symptoms.
- Every system and every organ in your body works together as a whole.
- We must maintain health in all the systems, working together efficiently, in order to experience optimum health.
Support the 7 Avenues of Elimination
Open up the 7 avenues of elimination – liver, lungs, colon, kidneys, skin, circulatory system, and lymphatic system.
Practice Proper Food Combining
- Always eat fruits alone.
- Do not mix high-protein food with starchy food.
- Eat a salad and/or any vegetable along with a protein meal.
- Eat a starchy meal with a salad and/or any vegetable.
- Avoid drinking large quantities of liquids before and after meals.
- Chew your food thoroughly; the digestive process starts from the mouth itself.
Eat Enzyme Rich Foods
- Enzymes can be found in fresh fruits, vegetables, raw or soaked nuts & seeds, and all sprouts.
- Enzymes are vital for fat loss, vitality, longevity, and immune system function.
Consume Essential Fats and Oils
- The main source for Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids is flax seed oil (use 1-3 teaspoons daily. Do not Heat).
- The essential oils support the immune system, raise the metabolism and help balance hormone production – a must for stress reduction.
- Use olive oil or clarified butter (ghee) for cooking.
- Avoid all hydrogenated oils and animal fats.
- Do any form of movement 3 to 5 times a week for maximum oxygen uptake, delivery of nutrients to the cells, and to enhance detoxification & circulation.
- Walking, trampolining, biking, running, swimming, and yoga are all excellent.
Don’t Count Calories
- Most diseases and being overweight is a lack of energy (nutrients) at the cellular level.
- Your body needs nutritious food with energy potential to function properly and efficiently.
- A body in balance is a healthy body and has no need to carry excess pounds of fat.
The copyright of this article belongs to Dr. Shekhar Annambhotla